Palm Springs Dental Implants
If you are missing teeth, have decay that is beyond repair, or are uncomfortable with your dentures, dental implants may be the perfect choice for you. At Desert Dental Alternatives, you can bring your smile back with a beautiful dental implant installed by Dr. Bruno Lemay and our team of excellent dentists. Dental implants are an ideal choice for when you want to have the look and feel of real teeth, with a dental implant that can last a lifetime.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants do not just make your smile brighter, they also offer a variety of other benefits. The dental implant is part of advanced dental treatment and is superior to older options.
The benefits of dental implants include:
- Last a Lifetime: Dental implants are biocompatible and non-toxic, so the body does not reject them. When taken care of, these replacement teeth can last a lifetime.
- Feel like Real Teeth: Dental implants work and feel like real teeth. Many patients do not feel a difference when eating, brushing, or flossing.
- Prevent Bone Loss: Where there is no tooth, the bone of the jaw can deteriorate. Within one year of tooth loss, bone can decay up to 25%. With an implant, you can prevent significant bone loss in the jaw.
- Prevent Teeth Movement: Teeth adjacent to where a tooth is lost can shift towards the gap when there is no replacement tooth. This can lead to changes in appearance, bite alignment, and chewing ability.
- Prevent Gum Disease: Missing teeth create a perfect space for food and bacteria to gather and get stuck, increasing the risk of gum disease.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
The process of dental implantation of replacement teeth is rather straightforward. The implant consists of a titanium tooth “root” that replaces the missing tooth’s root. Once the implant is in place, it attaches to the bone permanently through a process called osseointegration. The artificial tooth attaches to this implant, completing the process.
Implants can come in a variety of sizes and shapes and can consist of a titanium surface or titanium coated with a bonding substance that helps it attach to the bone. These implants come in full-size and mini-sized implants.
Your implant will be chosen depending on your anatomical characteristics including quality of bone, bone density, and relational shape for the upper and lower jaw.
Am I a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
Candidates for dental implants are those with missing teeth, patients with tooth decay beyond repair, or patients who are uncomfortable with their dentures or bridge. They can replace single or multiple teeth and are suitable for anyone who would like a different option from older styles of smile restoration.
Our Palm Springs Dentists Specialize in Beautiful Dental Implants!
Don’t let a missing tooth or teeth ruin your day or your smile! Dental implants are a good fit for anyone missing teeth or who need an alternative to bridges and dentures. The Palm Springs dentists at Desert Dental Alternatives can help you make an informed decision about your dental options and if dental implants are a fit for you. We are excited to help you achieve the restored smile that you deserve.