Dental Crowns and Bridges in Palm Springs
A complete smile often exudes confidence and happiness, and missing teeth can dampen that smile and cause you to keep your mouth shut. Dental crowns and bridges offer a solution to incomplete smiles. At Desert Dental Alternatives, you can find the smile restoration crown or bridge to restore your smile. Our Palm Springs crown and bridge dentists can help you find the perfect match.
What is a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns are tooth-colored caps that cover a tooth’s surface. They are used to help restore the tooth’s appearance, reinforce the tooth’s structure, and restore the look of a complete smile.
Dental crowns composed of a variety of materials, including but not limited to:
- Porcelain fused to metal: These crowns are made to match the color of surrounding teeth. They are a good choice for front and back teeth.
- Metal: These can be made of gold, palladium, nickel, or chromium. They are hardy and rarely break down and are a good choice for molars that are not easily visible.
- Full resin: This option is less expensive than others, but the con of this is that they are more likely to break down over time.
- Full ceramic or porcelain: This crown offers the best natural color match and is a good choice when the patient has metal allergies. They are a great option for front teeth.
- Pressed ceramic: The pressed ceramic crown has a hard inner core and is capped with porcelain.
What are the Benefits of a Dental Crown?
There are several reasons why you would choose a dental crown as part of your restorative dental work:
- Protecting a weak tooth from breaking or holding the weak parts of the tooth together
- Restoring a broken tooth or badly worn-down tooth
- Holding a dental bridge in place
- Covering misshapen or discolored teeth
- Covering a tooth after a root canal
What is a Dental Bridge?
Dental bridges are used to restore the appearance and bite when 3 or more consecutive teeth are missing. It will fill the gap and bring back balance to your bite. Dental bridges are custom prostheses with multiple artificial teeth that are fused. These are in the mouth with attached crowns or dental implants.
Dental bridges come in different types and are used based on your needs and the anatomy involved. Traditional fixed bridges utilize a crown on either side of the bridge piece, while implant-supported bridges are surgically implanted with fixed metal roots and the bridge tooth fixed over the implant.
What are the Benefits of a Dental Bridge?
When you are missing three or more teeth in a row and desire a solution to restore your smile, dental bridges are one of your best options. There are several benefits to getting a dental bridge:
- Restoring a natural smile
- Providing the ability to speak normally when missing teeth has impaired your speech
- Giving support that maintains natural facial structure by preventing subsequent bone loss
- Restoring the ability to chew naturally
- Preventing movement of adjacent teeth
Our Palm Springs Dentists Specialize in Beautiful Dental Implants!
A dental crown or bridge can change your smile, your confidence, and how your mouth and jaw function. The palm Springs dental dentists and professionals at Desert Dental Alternatives offer multiple crown and bridge options to help you get your smile back. Trust our team to help you find the right fit for your dental needs.